Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"You Must Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"-Mahatma Ghandi

Day 2: It was an early morning! Up at 5:40am to get ready for a beautiful 2 hour hike to Anasazi Ridge. Rob and I were put in separate vans because he has been here longer. Separate vans mean separate hikes in different locations which is just as well because he's been gone so much and looks so good his tractor beam is pulling me in and who am I to resist?

The first day is assesment day where a group of 9 or 10 guests go out with 3 hiking guides and they hike with you and put you into groups based on your ability. There are 7 groups total. The hike was great but I didn't feel like it pushed me very much. When Rob came home for a week we hiked every morning for 5 mornings. I feel like he really prepared me for these morning hikes as we pushed ourselves up steep inclines.


























Here is breakfast.








On the trail we were fortunate to see some petroglyphs. History is fascintating to me and I wished I could take a snapshot of the past and see who it was that carved these interesting pictograms!





I found out in the afternoon that I was put into group 3 out of 7. So there are 2 groups that are faster than mine. Rob is in the fastest group. In fact, when he was home, he was hiking like a mad man. I was the one lagging behind saying, "Why are you hiking like that? How did you get so fast?" His hiking at Fitness Ridge, in only a mere two weeks, had made all the difference in the world. Wow. Aren't our bodies amazing?





Here are some of those cool petroglyphs I was talking about. Does this tell a story or was this a piece of scratch rock? I will never know until I get to the other side of this life and ask someone who knows--if I remember to ask.













On the upper rim of the Anasazi Trail.


















This is the vegetable soup that was served with lunch. It was delicious! It feels so good to eat things rich with color and flavor. I realize that sometimes I take no thought as to what I am feeding my body when I am trying to eat "good." Often I hurriedly slap together a less than tasty sandwich just to get eating over with. Where's the kindness in that? My body works all day long for me. Why don't I take some thought and prepare something that is tasty AND healthy. It CAN be done.





This was lunch that was served after the soup. It was Chicken Rice bowl with Chile Verde sauce and a vegetable skewer. When I get home I am investing in skewers.

Fitness Ridge teaches you about 4 components of Health.




1.Fitness


2. Nutrition


3.Education


4. Relaxation








I will share everything I feel is beneficial with you. If you have any questions I can find out anything you need to know! There are dieticians, trainers, a chef, and an emotional eating life coach here. I am very interested in hearing what the life coach has to say as I gained 30 pounds when Rob started travelling last year. Oops. I am an emotional eater. Hold still. Did you hear that? It is the wind of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment