Thursday, June 16, 2011

Days 3 and 4

This is one of our hike guides doing a little yoga for the camera.




Day 3: In the morning my group did a hike called Stop Sign. It is a paved trail 4.4 miles up Snow Canyon. The first 2.5 miles has little tiny hills but is pretty level for the most part. Then, it gets harder, and harder, and finally harder. Then you are at the top. I pushed myself so hard and made it up in 1 hour and 6 minutes. That steep incline was killer! Then I got to turn around and run all the way back down--a total of 8.8 miles in 2 hours. It was the hardest I've worked since I've been here.And quite honestly it's the hardest and farthest I've gone in my life. I even got to see a big rattlesnake. My Polar heart monitor said my average heart rate was 142 and that I burned 1200 calories! I felt really good about that.


Later, I went to a kickboxing class, a treadmill workout called Mountain, and a pool workout. In all I figure I burned around 1850 calories yesterday.


These pictures are of my new group. They are so much fun!



Day 4: Our early morning hike this morning was called camel back. We hiked up red sandstone to two distant humps of rocks that resemble a camel's back. We are in a deep hole called the vortex in the picture above. It looked so intimidating to climb into but I watched as one hiker made her way in and it didn't look too scary, so I went in as well.

Fitness Ridge accomadates a wide spectrum of fitness levels--from the marathon runner to morbidly obese. I really enjoy this place. It works you hard and feeds you breakfast, lunch and dinner from a real Chef, your rooms are cleaned daily, and the staff is terrific! There are many repeat visitors. Some of them come every year. It's great to be able to take a fitness vacation and focus on changing bad habits and then come back as a refresher course whenever you need it.


I must admit that mealtime is my favorite part of the day. Mostly because Chef Cam seems to be magical! What beautiful, delicious, low calorie meal is he preparing today? Everything I've tasted so far has been so tasty.












Lunch today: Turkey sandwich and a salad with strawberries and red onion. Mushroom soup was also served at this meal.
















Breakfast yesterday: French toast with raspberry sauce, turkey sausage and eggs.











Lunch yesterday: Chicken served on whi pped yams and mixed vegetables that include brussel sprouts and carrots. This meal may have been my favorite so far. It was so yummy!









1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap that is a lot of calories burned in one day!!! I thought I was doing pretty good with 800 yesterday. Looks like most of it you burned from the hike.

    I went on a hike with Sallie and Amy yesterday. It was nice, but it was nothing compared to the hikes you took me on. I craved more difficulty. Is that nuts or what?

    I hope you enjoy the last few days there!!!

    ReplyDelete